Friday, February 08, 2008

Judgment Day

This week, I've had one of the more interesting experiences of my life, which I look forward to describing here as soon as I can find the time to do it justice.

Also, my wife hasn't resigned from her job yet, because she's been waiting for the opportunity to meet with the GM of the hotel where she works to persuade him to give her the chance to try out for the room service position. If he gives her that chance, she will probably stay. If he doesn't, she will resign.

Well, she was supposed to have her meeting this morning, and I'm presuming that she did. So, she has probably already either resigned or resolved to stay on. I'm eager to find out which, but also anxious about it. I fully support her if she decides to quit. She's been doing her present job for almost eighteen months, and it would be too much of a strain on her body and too much stress on her mentally to continue, and there would be no better position likely to ever open to her. On the other hand, if she quits, we'll be without affordable health insurance and possibly without a second income for awhile, and I darn sure don't make enough from my job to support us.

We shall see what happens.

No comments: