Saturday, October 27, 2007

She's Coming Home, And I Still Miss Him


My wife will be returning from Thailand Monday. I'll be picking her up at SFO in the afternoon and driving her back home here in Sacramento. She spent three weeks in Thailand at her family's home in Ayutthaya with brief stays in Bangkok and Hua Hin. I wish I could have gone with her. But I had to stay home and work and take care of our two cats.

We used to have three cats. But then I had to have my oldest cat, Smokey, put down recently. I still miss him, especially when I see photos like the one above that was taken a little more than a year ago in our backyard with my lovely sister-in-law. I've loved all of my cats, but Smokey was special.

I wish Smokey were still here. I loved him. And even though he was an old guy, he still took some great pictures. He lives on in those pictures and in my heart.

I'm glad my wife was able to spend these three weeks with her family in her beloved Thailand. But I also miss her, and I'll be happy to have her back here with me and our two "boys."

No comments: