Friday, March 31, 2006

The Supreme Light

Here is a passage from something I posted today in a Yahoo message forum:

I've always believed that Christianity taps into the same wellspring of divine wisdom that vitalizes all the great religious traditions. But I've allowed my disdain for Christian convention to overshadow my love and respect for Christianity's divine essence, which, for me, is not the God of the Bible but the God who transcends all bibles and speaks to us most clearly not from the pulpit but from the depths of our own unified being. But it is my hope that the light of my love and respect for the living God will grow so bright that nothing can overshadow it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Along with the goodnight prayer you posted the other night I thought this was beautiful. It's been a while since I have responded to anything you have written so I am now going through and responding. Hope you don't mind.

Steve said...

Jess, your comments are not only always welcome, but also always greatly appreciated.