Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Christianity's Impotence

One of my many criticisms of Christianity has been that most people who call themselves Christian do such a lousy job of living up to the principles of their faith that it casts the truth and power of their faith in serious doubt. When I stated this recently in a message forum, someone replied:

No Christianity is not flawed at all. It is the people that are flawed and refuse to give up their lives of sin to be a true Christian follower of God's.

This is how I replied:

I disagree. I believe that conventional Christianity--what most people worship from reading the Bible or going to church--teaches about a God who doesn't exist; a Jesus who wasn't what he's supposed to have been and still be; a posthumous heaven and hell that are fictional and, in the latter case, obscene; notions of human nature, will, and sin that are absurd; and countless other things that are either implausible or ridiculous. Thus, it's no wonder that Christianity fails to persuade modern non-believers to embrace it, and to inspire self-professed believers to live by its principles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are a Christianity basher who has not read the Bible even once.
It says " For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, so that whosoever believes in Jesus will not perish but have eternal life"

A loving God! Who is willing to share eternity with you!

Israel - The sign of the past, present, future....

Watch this country...read the past , present and the prophesies in the Bible about Israel...

You will see the potency which will give you a new life!!!

Be open!
Look to the God who is perfect...
Not the human race...the fallen race for whom he came to redeeem...
Sinners like you and me.

God bless you.

I challenge you to read the BOOK OF BOOKS the BIBLE ...once..just once..

Steve said...

I've read the Bible, and I'm very familiar with John 3:16. I don't believe that the Bible speaks for a real God, and I don't believe that the biblical God could love the world and also create the eternal torture of hell and consign any being to it. To me, this is monstrous and sadistic evil rather than goodness and love. You may call me a "Christianity basher" for saying these things, but I think that I'm just being sensible.