Saturday, January 08, 2005

PROLOGUE

I've just discovered this free weblog service and impulsively decided to create my own blog. I'm inspired by the website Integral Naked to give this blog the title I have. My aim here is nothing less than to bare my soul to the world through the daily or, at least, frequent posting of unadorned reflections about whatever captures my interest.

Why would I want to uncover myself this way? Is this merely some kind of sublimated physical exhibitionism? Perhaps it's partly that, for I will begin baring my soul from the outset by admitting that I've had a streak of physical exhibitionism running through me as far back as I can remember. But I'd like to think I'm up to more here than merely indulging in a socially acceptable substitute for socially unacceptable behavior.

I'd like to believe that I'm also narrowing the gulf between my public persona and my private nature and that, by doing this, I'm therapeutically liberating myself to be much more myself in public as well as in private and to reach further and accomplish more around other people than I ever could before.

I’d also like to believe that translating my nebulous thoughts and vacillating feelings and desires into clear pose will help me to better understand and evaluate what I think, feel, and desire and to live my life accordingly. Socrates may or may not have been correct in opining that “the unexamined life is not worth living,” but I personally would rather give my life some measure of examination than to drift along on autopilot.

Finally, I might, if only on the rarest of occasions, have something to say that other people would like to read. I have always loved sharing my thoughts and feelings with others, especially in written form and especially when others seem to appreciate and enjoy it.

So, let the naked play of words begin.

No comments: